1. Give babies soft foods and snacks as they present less chance of choking.
2. Be clear that a medicine is a medicine so babies won’t take medicines thinking is it a treat.
3. Tossing a baby in the air or shaking him/her can cause blindness or brain damage.
4. Watch out for broken toys with small pieces, sharp edges. All baby toys should be larger than the baby’s mouth. Use an empty toilet paper roll to test size of objects.
5. There is no such thing as too many baby gates! Gates are an excellent way to keep babies away from sharp objects (drawers, hearths, cabinets) or rooms with open electrical sockets or pools. Or Mom’s cell phone.
Leave a Reply